Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:53:05 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        D Velez <dvelez502@nyc.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I mount a Windows 98 filesystem?

If using Fat32 Make a directory in "/mnt/fat32"

Then add to the fstab:

/dev/ad01s1	mnt/fat32	msdos	rw	0	0

Then, command "mount -a"

Then, try "ls /mnt/fat32" to see if directory listing is there.

If you are using something other than fat32, substitute that info,
like fat16 or ntfs, etc....

At 01:26 PM 9.23.2001 -0400, D Velez wrote:
>I've purchased the FreeBSD 4.2 power Pak for i386. I was told thet it
>supported it right out of the box. I've read the mount, mount_msdos and
>fstab
>man pages. I still cannot get it. Can you give me some help?
>
>I have two IDE hard drives. Drive one is Windows 98 and drive two is
>FreeBSD.
>
>I appreciate any help. Thanks

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,