Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:51:00 -0800
From:      Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa@ISI.EDU>
To:        Aaron Brosseau <vaio_net@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Eric =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hedstr=F6m?= <erich@ucsd.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two Identical Nics - No Solution In Sight

Hi,

Just want to report some of my progress and thanks for Aaron and Eric,
I finally found a combination of config index + irq that my old laptop
(Gateway Solo 9100) likes. :-)

Some background:

FreeBSD: 4.5 release
Laptop 1:
   Gateway Solo 9100
   pcic0:  <Cirrus Logic PD6832 PCI-CardBus Bridge>
   NICs:   Linksys PCMPC100 (v1) x 2
   Config & Result:
     - Need to revert back to old irq routing scheme in /boot/loader.conf
       (hw.pcic.intr_path=1 & hw.pcic.irq=0). Without these two lines,
       the changes in pccard.conf just didn't seem to have any affect.
     - In the entry for Linksys PCMPC100:
         (1) "auto" didn't work. Have to specify both the config index
             and irq.
         (2) Both ed0 and ed1 needed a config line. It just did.
         (3) These are the lines that worked for me:
               config 0x3 "ed0" 11 0x80000
               config 0x1 "ed1" 7  0x80000
             (Note that both 11 and 7 must be in the irq line of
              pccard.conf).
Laptop 2:
   Dell Latitude C600
   pcic0:  <TI PCI-1420 PCI-CardBus Bridge>
   NICs:   Same as above.
   Config & Result:
     - Dell was easier than Gateway Solo, but still need separate configs
       for ed0 and ed1:
         config auto "ed0" ? 0x80000
         config auto "ed1" ? 0x80000
       worked without the pcic tweaks in loader.conf.

I probably didn't try all possible combination, but these are the
results worked for me. Moving on to my last old laptop: Libretto
110CT... :-)

Cheers,

yushun.