Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:09:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        dbalder@unm.edu (David B. Alder)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where the hell is "atapi.flp"?

In a previous message, David B. Alder said:
> I have obtained a copy of the Walnut creek cdrom of 2.1.5-Release.  I also
> have the accompanying book.  Both the book and the readme notes on the
> cdrom say to use "view", or "atapiflp.bat" to load atapi.flp to a floppy
> disk.  While I have found the "view.exe" program, I have searched both cd's
> that come with the package for "atapi" anything.  I've found nothing.  My
> computer has an IDE cdrom, and I've tried using boot.flp, but it doesn't
> work.  By the end of the setup program, when it asks for the installation
> media, I choose cdrom, and it says that it cannot find it.

atapi.flp is no longer needed. 2.1.5 was the first release that incorporated
the atapi stuff into the boot floppy.

That said. It still may not work for you. Atapi is very problematic, and
2.1.5 is very very very old now. There are at least (by my count) 6 releases
since 2.1.5.

At least go to 2.1.7.1. But 2.2.5 is probably a better choice.

--
"Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is
 built upon the labors of my fellow-men, both living and dead."

                                         -- Albert Einstein