Date:      Sat, 01 May 2004 13:29:18 +0100
From:      Robert Downes <nullentropy@lineone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for "beastie"

andy@trit.org wrote:

> I'm looking for a rather large version of the FreeBSD daemon "beastie" for =
> a=20
> 1280x1024 wallpaper image.  I require that there be no writing covering any
> part of him. Dark backgrounds would be preferred.  If anyone knows of or ha=
> s an
> image like this, or has an existing wallpaper, let me know.

Marshall Kirk McKusick holds the copyright for the BSD Beastie.

http://www2.uk.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html

Make sure you talk to him before doing anything with the Beastie image.
He's a good guy, and he may know where you can find what you're after.

(Apparently, before Mr. McKusick actively defended the daemon's honor,
some corporate type stole the Beastie and tried to enslave him for
money-making purposes.)
--
Bob