Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:49:52 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7R: no sound when recording with ffmpeg?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:37:14 +1100 (EST)
Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx> wrote:

CM> > 	Hmm, I have an idea which seems to work. Could you try building
CM> > the port with files/grab_bsdbktr.c replaced by the one now on
CM> > ftp.sohara.org in /pub and let me know if it is any better for you.
CM>
CM> Ok.  Tried it.  It is better, but still out by a couple of seconds
CM> after 5 minutes.  I'm using the following command line;

	There's a new one up there now that resorts to blanking frames
out if it gets too far behind. It can look awful if it cuts in too much
but it's OK for me with just -me zero (and no -intra) with the CPU usage
averaging just over 90% (768x576) I get no sync slip and an occasional
black flash.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun