Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:09:41 +0000
From:      Jason Slagle <jslagle@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Romain_Tarti=C3=A8re?= <romain@freebsd.org>,  freebsd@zleslie.info, ruby@freebsd.org, tj@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Bringing in Puppet 5

I have no issue giving up my maintainership if someone with commit wants
it, but would also be interested in helping if a puppet@ was formed - I
took maintainership to try to get some traction but pretty quickly hit some
upstream roadblocks that weren't easily solved in a way that the ports tree
would allow.

I can follow up with some Puppet folk - some of my upstream things are
merged - others are still open.  Some were blockers for cfacter on FreeBSD.

I plan to hack on FreeBSD Puppet stuff all day at the contributor summit at
Puppetconf this year if there are others.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 4:32 AM Romain Tarti=C3=A8re <romain@freebsd.org> w=
rote: