Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 15:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MASTER_SITES=

 * For ports that we acknowledge are out of date and accept that the
 * master site no longer has the version of the files that we want (e.g.
 * hylafax, popclient), does it make sense to put an empty MASTER_SITES=
 * in the port Makefile?  This prevents the timeout or failed attempt to
 * get a file that we know for sure isn't going to get fetched, and forces
 * a fallback to the FreeBSD distfiles backup.
 *
 * If the port does eventually get upgraded, the old MASTER_SITES= can be
 * resurrected from the CVS history if needed.

I think this is fine, except I would rather keep it as a comment
alongside the empty definition.  That would be much easier for people
who want to look around.

Satoshi