Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:51:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Hylafax with a Courier Vanything?

I've got a nice new STABLE machine that I want to use (among other things)
to replace my ageing HP-UX Hy;afax server.

I want to do inbound/outboud fax inbound/outbound ppp, and inbound tty
logins. I'm using a Courier Vanything modem.

I installed teh port. Then I ran the setup scripts. After that ws done I
found that I had to edit /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hylafax.sh to get it to start
hfaxd, in addition to what the sample script did.

At this point I think I have incoming faxing working. If I cu -l cuaa1, I
can then use the modem to dial out. However when I  try to send a fax with
sendgax, the modem acts like it's trying to dial out, but does not suced.

What should I check next?

Does anyone have a set of switch setings for this modem that they are using
with Hylafax?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin