Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 23:50:14 +0100
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sys/Makefiles

Gratifying to see that everyone has so much faith in my sys/Makefile*
& i386/conf/Makefile.i386 (etc) stuff, that no one feels the need to
test it ;-) ... After all, I announced it all worked OK, so I just guess
you all trust & believe me implicitly right ? ;-)

Thanks for the confidence, I guess I'll just go toss it all in src/ now OK ? ;-)
... What ? Someone does want to test it after all ?

Well, Great :-) it works for me, supports NFS & seperate obj tree etc,
(+ cd-rom, last time i tried, some while ago), & walks on water ;-)

It's all lying in: freefall:~jhs & is readable, a complete tree of diffs,
  (admittedly there's a few extra diffs there for other unassociated
   generic improvements (all my strictly weird personal diffs not fit for
   general consumption are in another tree, not on freefall))
the main stuff you'll want is sys/Makefile*, sys/i386/conf/*.diff,
& maybe src/share/mk/<one or two>.diffs

I also left a .tgz file in ~jhs & in ~incoming, though I can't find my
copy of the announcement to quote exact names, & all lines are busy on my
IP site (as usual) as I type this.

Rod, Nate, & Piero may find this stuff particularly interesting
(Rod & Piero were interested before, Nate has/had a big NFS linked net)

---
Julian Stacey	<jhs@freebsd.org>,<jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
		( <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de> is a dial up )