Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 11:12:37 GMT
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rhh@ct.picker.com
Subject:   ports/5352: multi-package ports don't build (NO_WRKSUBDIR)

>Number:         5352
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       multi-package ports don't build (NO_WRKSUBDIR)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-971208-SNAP i386
>Environment:

        Stock SNAP install.

	Trying to add in my AWE patch to the Doom port from ports-current,
	I find that the port itself won't even build.  NO_WRKSUBDIR is
	set for this port, and as the "make install" script attempts to
	build each package, it does:

               (cd musserver; make install)
	       (cd joystick4doom; make install)

        It seems that it's not doing a needed "cd ${WRKSRC}" before
	switching to another dist, and thus the second and subsequent
	sub-package installs fail.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Pull the doom port onto a 3.0-current system and "make install".
	If this works, I'm assuming its due to a bug fixed since 971208.

	Note: for now, you'll also need to patch in "#include <sys/types.h>"
	into work/musserver/musserver.h to get to this point.  This is the
	topic of another problem report I just filed (bin/5351).

>Fix:

	I believe modifying the port install target to prefix the subpackage
	cd with "${WRKSRC}" should do the trick.