Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2000 10:10:44 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp.linkup, am I misunderstanding this?

I'm running freebsd 4.0 RELEASE on a box running PPPoE for a DSL line. I
have a script to update my dynamic DNS thats called from ppp.linkup,
which works fine when the box boots, or if something "hangs" and I have
to restart PPP. However, since I use the -ddial, sometimes the link
drops and comes back up without me having to touch it (like it should).
However, the problem is, when that happens, the script isn't run out of
ppp.linkup. Is there a way around this? TIA.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator