Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:54:29 +0900 (JST)
From:      SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
To:        trevor@jpj.net, girgen@partitur.se, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, lioux@uol.com.br, asami@FreeBSD.org, sada@bsdclub.org
Subject:   Re: Kill Netscape us ports and version 4.08. (was Re: Netscape browsers us versions avail. abroad)

In article <20000723103633.D8373@dragon.nuxi.com>
obrien@NUXI.com writes:

>> I've actually already upgraded the ".us" ports to 4.74.  I just need to
>> do the final commit.  Can you wait 1-2 days?  You can then use those to
>> upgrade the others.  It also gives a transition for those looking for the
>> 128-bit ports as ".us".  After a while, then delete the ".us" versions
>> since they will be virutally the same as the plain versions.

As my afterthought, duplication of same (large!) netscape packages
in different (us and plain) name would not be good for ftp mirror sites
and cdrom disributions.

So I propose to kill bsdi/linux-netscape-4.7-us JUST NOW
and grade up those 47-c/n ports to 4.74.
Girgen, Trevor, are you okay with this?