Date:      26 Aug 1998 12:38:11 +0200
From:      Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@innocent.com>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        tege@matematik.su.se, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netboot

Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com> writes:
> Michael Hohmuth writes:

> | On a related note, my group (at TU Dresden) also maintains a version
> | of the GRUB bootloader (see <URL:http://www.uruk.org/grub/>) into
> | which we have integrated (or rather, hacked) the Etherboot drivers.
> | Again, the networking support currently can only be built under Linux.
>
> Hmm, I need to take a look at that.  I don't recall seeing the net boot
> stuff the last time I looked.

The official GRUB release from Erich Boleyn <erich@uruk.org> doesn't
contain it yet.  I've offered my code to him but he hasn't reacted
yet.

For now, the code has been integrated only into our own GRUB release;
a snapshot is available from
<URL:ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/os/L4/devel/grub-l4-980309.tar.gz>.
This snapshot is somewhat dated; it only has been verified to work
with ET2000 clones.  A newer release, which also has been verified to
work with WD8003 clones and EtherExpress cards, is being prepared.

Michael
--
hohmuth@innocent.com, hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
http://home.pages.de/~hohmuth/