Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:39:44 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: permissions problems

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 03:56:33PM +0400, Kostya & wrote:
> I created a new user, which belongs to group wheel, but when working as this
> user the system doesn't allow me to
> -mount cd-rom drive
1. Make sure the device file has the proper permissions. For
example: chmod 777 /dev/acd0c (this will let everyone mount it)

2. Allow users to mount: sysctl -w vfs.usermount=1
(you can put this into your /etc/rc.local).

> -deal with ppp programm
>
> in the file /etc/group this user is added to network group

Add a line 'allow users <your-user-name>' to /etc/ppp/ppp.conf at
the relevant section (for example, under default:).

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27