Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:14:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge Win/TV and fxtv problems

> > The problem is: No matter what channel number I type in I get either
> > static or a blue window (ch 3+4 is static, 5+6 and most of the rest is

Blue window usualy means that you have selected cable as a source, and
either nothing is on the RCA ports, or the source (external) tuner is off.

Only use cable source when you connect using an RCA connector patch cable
for audio/video. If you connect to the F connector (or whatever it might
be in Europe) select tuner source.

> > cases there's NO diffrence that I can see (yes, I did remember to set
> > the cable/antenna selector).

I am not to sure of that based on your description.

Best Regards,

Bernie