Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 03:59:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add route

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Vincent Poy wrote:

[*sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice*]

> 	I forgot to mention that this machine is already a decent router
> utilizing a ET 4 Port PCI Router card..

That's not a decent router...that's a decent box routing...a good router
is a lot more efficient than a box that's routing packets...now...there
is, of COURSE an easy way, but if you have more than 1 T1 on the same
ether segment, and only one interface on that segment, your box will NOT
be routing between them, generally...they need to be on sep. interfaces.
Now, any decent router you can add routes to do it...that's what BGP is
for...you probably won't be advertising any BGP, but you'll more likely
than not be seeing it.  Your router will handle it from there.

Assuming you REALLY want to route on the box, and ignore the routers that
are sitting there, you can add a handful of static routes, but that is the
WRONG way to do it.

-Jon

--
opinions?  cat creative_criticism >/dev/ponder
           cat flames >/dev/null