Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:31:55 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Venkat Duvvuru <venkatduvvuru.ml@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inbox driver

Venkat Duvvuru <venkatduvvuru.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> If a driver module misses the deadline to make it inbox , I think that it's
> gonna be part of the next Freebsd release. The sources show up in the svn
> repository, probably this is one confirmation that it's gonna be part of
> the next release..Is my understanding correct? Please clarify.

I don't know what you mean about "inbox," but basically you're
right. It's a bit more complicated, though, because the svn repository
has several "branches" -- and a feature introduced to 10.x, for example,
may or not show up in 9.x. If a feature is introduced into HEAD, you can
be pretty sure it will make it into some release eventually.

Does that help? I tried to keep it brief...