Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:46:14 -0800
From:      "Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Entry for www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html

--=====================_916375574==_

Hi,

I'd like to get information on our product, Berkeley DB, up on the
FreeBSD commercial software page.  We've got a fair number of
users who run FreeBSD.  Our product is available with full source
code.

Could you add the attached HTML to the commercial software page?
If you need some edits, let me know and I'll make them.

Thanks,
					mike

--=====================_916375574==_

<head>
<title>Berkeley DB</title>
</head>
Berkeley DB, an embeddable database system with full source.
Berkeley DB runs on a wide variety of Unix systems and on Windows 95
and NT.
It offers high-end data management services,
including full transaction support, disaster recovery, hot backup,
very large databases, and the ability to handle large numbers
of users concurrently.
Keys and records can be arbitrarily long, and of arbitrary data
types.
Berkeley DB can store data in B+trees, hash tables,
or sequential stores (called "recno," for "record number,"
tables).
The programmatic interfaces are simple, and can be called from
C, C++, Java, or Perl.
Berkeley DB is easy to install and manage,
so your customers can use your application without learning how
to be a database administrator.
For more information,
visit our <a href="http://www.sleepycat.com">web site</a>
or send us email at <a href="mailto:db@sleepycat.com">db@sleepycat.com</a>.