Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 11:57:05 -0500
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Mike DuFresne" <v_due@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: TP755 and lockups

Mike,

     First off you may want to ask this in FreeBSD-Mobile.
I had a TP 750C several years ago (not sure how similar the
chipsets are) and I remember I had a similar problem and it
dealt with the way the keyboard was setup...I had to change
the setting in the visual editor before I could proceed...
Unfortunately I don't remeber the setting...maybe you can
search the archives.

Have you tried booting 3.1?  I thought some notebook stuff
was built in (could be wrong here!!)..

I hope this at least points you in the right direction.

Michael G.

On Sat, 06 Mar 1999 00:39:51 +0000, Mike DuFresne wrote:

>Hello,
>
>	I have been trying to get FreeBSD installed onto my TP755C. I have
>looked through dejanews and I cannot seem to find any references to my
>particular problem. I have been trying to install using boot-pao.flp
>versions 2.2.7 and 2.2.8. Unfortunately, the laptop wants to lockup all
>of the time.
>
>	I have shut off all of the unneeded devices in the laptop setup to
>include the serial ports and the parallel port. I have also removed all
>of the conflicts in the visual setup mode. When I attempt to save the
>configuration, the laptop locks up and places the cursor in the upper
>right hand corner of the screen.

 ICQ #24517082    Live FreeBSD...Or Die!

 PIC          X  10    VALUE "YES! COBOL"