Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 21:50:39 -0400
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@mts-104.wallnet.com>
To:        bastill@sa.apana.org.au, Annelise Anderson <andrsn@ANDRSN.STANFORD.EDU>
Cc:        chuck sumner <chuck@2inches.com>, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports failures - HELP!

Brian,

If you want to install Linux 7.1, the best way I've found is to pkg_delet=
e any=20
Linux 6.x you have on your system.  Linux 7.1 fights with all the older=20
versiions. =20

A few months ago, this was a problem because some of the dependant Linux =
6.1=20
ports (namely linux-netscape 4.79) hated the linux_base 7.1 port and refu=
sed=20
to run.  7.1 has been patched up a bit, and all my linux binaries seem ha=
ppy=20
with it --including OpenOffice  (hallelujah!)

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT