Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:58:37 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        collinsm@surfeu.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs checkout problem

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 07:46:49PM +0100, collins wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'm trying to checkout the /usr/ports with the command:
>
> cvs checkout -r RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE ports
>
> The directory /usr/ports is created and the sources are checked out. The
> trouble is that directly after a subdirectory such as "archivers" gets
> created and filled with files it's deleted again. So I end up with just the
> one ports directory /usr/ports/x11-wm at the end of the process.
>
> Anybody know what's wrong here. I was able to checkout the /usr/src tree
> without any problem.

You are using the wrong tag for ports.
If you really want the 4.4-RELEASE ports tree you should use

cvs checkout -r RELEASE_4_4_0 ports

instead.  (src and ports use different tags.  Also remember that
the ports tree is not branched so there are no division into -stable
and -currrent ports)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson