Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 17:27:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   suspend/resume

I tried posting to mobile, but no answer.  Here's the problem i am
having.  Maybe it will be fixed in 4.0, i don't know.  That certainly
would be incentive.

Running 3.4-stable on a satellite with a pcmcia modem

When i suspend and resume pccardd does not initialize properly.
If i am not connected at the time, the card is not recognized and/or
allocated.  If i *am* connected, it panics when i try to dial in
again.  I realize pcmcia support may not be perfect, but is there a
way i can modify the reesume script or something so that pccard will
work right?  Otherwise, APM works great.  But i hate having to
powerdown my laptop if i plan to be connecting next time i power up.
I would much rather suspend and resume.

If anyone needs details, i can try some tests and send output.
IIRC, i get a 'bad file descriptor' if i wasn't connected
I get the error when i try dialing.
If i *was* connected, ppp panics on a page fault.