Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:33:13 -0400
From:      satish amara <satishkamara@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LLA (Link local address) in FreeBSD route command

I gave reference to old man page because it talks about scope which is
related to link local address of IPV6.
I don't see the latest man page talks about link-local address of IPV6. So
I am looking for how routes for
link-local address are handled in latest BSD Stack.

I see some configurations where people are giving link-local address as
gateway.
So I am trying to see whether these configuration are valid and if not
there could be bug.

If BSD allows to configure routes for link local address of IPV6 then I
think it could be bug as
they are local to subnet and typically there routes are automatic. I am not
sure allowing link-local
address as gateway address is valid or not for IPV6.

Thanks,
Satish K Amara