Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:45:55 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>
To:        Zeus Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nanoBSD + xorg (vesa)?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Zeus Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
> hi all,
> I'd like to get nanoBSD with minimal xorg installation (to be able to
> run image/pdf viewer and browser) which I can flash to USB stick to have
> the only OS at hand
>
> what I need for that?

You can try with my work-in-progress "BSD media center" based on
nanobsd/xorg/XBMC.
Instruction for building the image here:
https://code.google.com/p/bsdmc/wiki/HowToCompile

You need to edit the BSDMC.nano file and start by removing the lines:
add_port "comms/lirc"
add_port "multimedia/ffmpeg"
add_port "graphics/cairo"
add_port "multimedia/xbmc"

Once done you can add your own ports.
Then don't forget to remove some XBMC tricks in BSDMC_custom ()
The nanobsd image mount the / in read-only mode, depending of the
software used, this limitation need some tricks.

Regards,

Olivier