Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:52:30 -0400
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'toby@milkyway.org'" <toby@antares.milkyway.org>
Subject:   tape drive not working

Running FBSD 3.3 on a Pentium 133, 32 Mb RAM, 2 IDE drives
(primary and secondary masters), CD-ROM reader (secondary
slave), Adaptec 1542C (id 7), HP T4000 tape drive (id 5),
Seagate ST31200N 1 GB drive (id 6).

I moved my hard drives and tape drives from a 486 motherboard
(MB) to a Pentium MB.  Everything else stayed the same except
I moved the CD-ROM reader from primary slave to secondary
slave.  All equipment is found during boot up.  Everything
works as before with the 2 exceptions below.  When trying to
mount a CD I get an error of;

cd9660: vfsload(cd9660); No such file or directory

When I try to use the tape drive or check its status I get;

mt: /dev/nrsa0: Device not configured

I have swapped both TD and CD with known good identical
hardware and get the same error.  Also have verified support
for devices in kernel configuration file, recompiled and
installed new kernel, remade cd0 and sa0 /dev devices; same
errors occur.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA,

Toby