Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:59:40 -1000
From:      "Michael P. Shimko" <shimko@maui.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IOmega Ditto Easy 3200 Tape

Dear FreeBSD Staff:

system:
    FreeBSD Version: 2.2.6
    CPU: P5 100 Mhz
    RAM: 16 Mb

    I have an IOMega Ditto Easy 3200 Tape drive connected to my floppy
controller.  When I boot into FreeBSD the
IOMega Tape is detected on /dev/ft0.   Can I use this tape drive with
the FreeBSD built-in commands, or are there
new controllers/drivers that I need to retrieve and then rebuild my
kernel?

I've checked the FAQ for TRAVAN Tapes and didn't find much.  Is my drive
supported?  Also, I have the Ditto Dash Accelerator(TM) card that I'm
NOT using.  Should I be using it?

Thanks in advance!

shimmy
shimko@maui.net