Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:26:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul Apple <paula@jeffnet.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do people think of May 1st for a 3.2 release date?

Thanks for asking.

My $0.02:

Not much.

Ideally, I'd expect two and no more than three releases per year.

Rahul Desi makes some very good points about having a quality product
to deliver that can stand on its own for _at least_ six months before
the next release.

A number of things have been fixed since the release. So what.
All that tells me is that 3.1 was released before it was ready.
Is this next release you're talking about going to be a freebie
like the 2.1.7 release?

I've canceled prior cdrom subscriptions because the releases were
coming far too often. It amounts to an abuse of the privilege of
having my credit card number on file with Walnut Creek CDROM when
a release is only good for a month and a half before the next
one is on its way.

Take all the fixes accumulated thus far, put 'em together with
whatever wizardry and heavy magic that's being conjured currently
and stamp out the new release 'round about mid-July.