Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:39:10 +0900 (JST)
From:      <aconnolly08@yahoo.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   atkbc not loaded with ACPI enabled in 9.0

I am running 9.0-RC3 on an Acer Aspire One D255E netbook. I have most of th=
e functionality I want with one major exception, when I enable ACPI my inte=
grated keyboard drivers aren't loaded. Without ACPI I can use my keyboard a=
s atkbdc and atkbd get loaded, (not psm though), but I have problems with s=
hutdown, time settings, power settings and usb controllers.
I have tried various ways of tackling this including:
1. including "nooptions NEW_PCIB" in kernel configuration, rebuilding and i=
nstalling >> no effect
2a. including "debug.acpi.disabled=3D"pci" " >> can't mount file system2b. =
including "debug.acpi.disabled=3D"bus" " >> can't mount file system 2c. inc=
luding "debug.acpi.disabled=3D"children" " >> can't mount file system2d. in=
cluding "debug.acpi.disabled=3D"hostres" "
 >> no effect
3. making the edit in r228961, rebuilding the kernel and installing >> no e=
ffect
I have the latest bios (v3.x), but it features very few changeable options.
Here's the output of my dmesg -aHere's the output of my devinfo -vrHere's t=
he output of my devinfo -ur
Best regards,Adrian Connolly