Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 14:40:54 +0800
From:      Breaker <breaker@webchat.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuring PPP

G'day,

	I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE and I'm having some trouble
getting PPP working. I've tried setting it up a variety of different
ways, but whenever I type "term" the computer crashes and has to be
manually restarted. I assumed this was a problem with PPP but someone
just said term will crash if it can't speak to your modem correctly.

	I was wondering if you'd be able to show me what to type so that my
modem will be recognized by FreeBSD. My modem is a Netcomm Roadster II
56 Ultra SVD, and Windows95 reports it running on COM Port 3.

	Thanks in advance, regards,

	Trent

--
	Breaker : Trent Nelson : breaker@webchat.org

	"We dreamed, we so nearly triumphed, we were defeated as every man in
some great or humble way dreams, and nearly triumphs, and is always
defeated, and then, as we did, triumphs again in endurance. Triumph is
nothing; defeat is nothing; life is endurance; and afterwards; death.
And whatever death is, the endurance remains like a fire, a sculpture, a
mountain to hearten our children. I tell you, such a struggle as ours is
living; it lives after death purely, like flame, a thing burning and
perfect."

	Words of Edward Adrian Wilson, B.A., M.B., moments before his death.
Edward was the Cheif of Scientific Staff of the British Antarctic
Expedition - a group of individuals who devoted a large portion of their
life to reach the South Pole first. Death overcame the surviving members
on arrival.

	They came second.