Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:41:42 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how is the GNOME 2 package these days?

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> --=-4HhY0Gc5rer38k27APgt
>
> On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 22:07, John Reynolds wrote:
>
>>Hi -ports, I was reconfiguring my laptop this afternoon and wanted to
>>blow away GNOME 1.4 and try GNOME 2...

Everything on -stable works well for me.  (I don't use gdm anyway.)
However, the last time I compiled gnumeric, several weeks ago, it still
had some dependencies on something in 1.4 so I couldn't delete everything.
If you don't use gnumeric then you probably can delete 1.4.

> Things are good.  I have two GNOME 2.0 test machines, and I recently did
> a friend's machine on GNOME 2.0, and so far, no big problems...

Have you tried it on -current?  Most everything seems to be working OK for
me except gnome-session which crashes everytime I start it.  Gnome-panel
and any other gnome app I've tried work fine, though, including nautilus.