Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:24:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co, ache@nagual.ru, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Niklas Hallqvist: archivers/hpack.non-usa.only

 * Letting the OpenBSD sort it out strikes me as a bad way to do this.
 * It sends the wrong message to the OpenBSD camp that they are not
 * important or worth consideration in the changes to the ports tree.
 * While this specific change may be better, framing the change in such
 * terms only exacerbates already tense relations between the two camps.
 * Just my view of the situation, not the opinion of any camps that I may
 * have my feet in...

On the contrary, Warner, on the contrary.  This is a lot of work to
do, and by doing this, we are going to send a clear message that
OpenBSD is welcome to share the ports tree with us.

As long as we don't change clearly FreeBSD-centric things to use BSD,
I would think most of the ports tree will be happily compilable on
OpenBSD too.

Satoshi