Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:17:58 +0100
From:      "Norman Sellers" <ns@lynsys.karoo.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FeeBSD 2.2.6 Install

Hi FreeBSD,

I have recently come across FreeBSD and I thought I would like to try it and
see what it's all about.

Accordingly I have downloaded the Boot Disk Image file and created the
floppy.

However, when I try to install using PPP dialup acces to my ISP I only have
access to COM1 (0x3f8 IRQ 4).

Unfortunately I have an internal modem which uses COM2 (0x2f8 IRQ 3) and
COM2 is not available as an option to use for PPP.

I have noticed that when the system boots and probes my hardware that I get
the message si02 not found.

Can you offer any help or assistance with this problem.

Regards

Norman Sellers
ns@lynsys.karoo.co.uk