Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:16:36 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -stable (in)stability (was Re: Best version of FBSD for INN ?)

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'd suggest trying a 3.3-stable snapshot, just as soon as I can
> get those rolling off of releng3.freebsd.org again.  If it still
> occurs, we're now at least debugging the latest and greatest.

 Isn't -STABLE tracking OK ?
 Unfortunately I don't think I can afford reinstalling a new release (this
is a production server). Do you think the installation got somehow trashed
during these succesive updates (with 'make [build|install]world') ? I've
been thinking about remote attacks too (there are no user shells), could
this be a cause ?

 BTW, this morning my co-workers caught another freeze; luckily I left a
top running on a VTY; they told me that the majority of the processes were
in the "idle" STATE -- strange, I haven't seen this in top until now.
Could this be a hint ?

> - Jordan

 Thanks,
 Ady (@warpnet.ro)