Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin Menard <kmenard@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Ware RAID controller

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the 3Ware IDE RAID controller
cards.  I was looking at the 4-port 5400.  Specifically, is this card supported
by FreeBSD 4.0?  If so, how do the RAID 1 speeds hold up (I read some people had
agonizingly slow write speeds)?  And finally, if I'm using a bootable install
CD, will it install on the RAID, that is, will FreeBSD recognize the RAID or
must FreeBSD know about it by some other means?

Thanks,
-Kevin