Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:17:52 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Dave Wilson <dlwilson@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation Problems

> Dave Wilson wrote:
>
> I purchased FreeBSD 3.4 January 2000 CDROM with a manual a few days
> ago from Walnut Creek and am unable to install it.  It seems that no
> matter which install method I use, (Novice, Custom etc.) or which
> machine I try to install it on (I've tried three) or where I install
> from (CD-ROM, DOS partition etc.) I get a Signal 11 error and the
> install crashes.  I've tried downloading the latest floppy images
> from the net.  I've also searched some news groups.  The only
> reference to signal 11 concerns RAM.  But, would I have RAM problems
> on three different machines, one a brand new Micron?  I am at a dead
> end.  I would appreciate any help you could give me.  Thanks.

What you are seeing is covered in the ERRATA at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT

It is how you are choosing what to install that is killing it.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html