Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:18:38 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Oleg Sharoiko <os@rsu.ru>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Andrey Beresovsky <and@rsu.ru>
Subject:   Re: Boot hangs on ips0: resetting adapter, this may take up to 5 minutes

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, John Baldwin wrote:

JB>> Update: custom amd64 kernels with reduced set of devices work. Tested
JB>> RELENG_6 and HEAD both SMP and UP. Should I try to find a pair of kernels
JB>> similar one to another, one of which would work and another wouldn't?
JB>Yes, please!

To make GENERIC usable it's enough to comment

options      PREEMPTION

Not sure if this helps much.

Another thing I've noticed, sometimes (this happens when preemption is
disabled) boot freezes on

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ipsd2s1a

Pressing key on console resumes boot process. I cannot reproduce this. It
just happens from time to time. Rather seldom.

--
Oleg Sharoiko.
Software and Network Engineer