Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > Does it only happen with a constant $NCPU+ load average?  I have never
> > seen it here.
>
> Yeah, it's usually a pretty busy machine.  It does a lot of
> buildworlds, nfs, concurrent www serving and ssh dispatching.

I triggered one of these last weekend, too.  Peter mentioned something to
me about it being caused by both CPUs IPIng at once and there no deadlock
avoidance in that case.  It died for me in installworld, though, which
made for a messy fixup job.

I guess our work on getting the kernel free-running is uncovering all
sorts of fun issues.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org