Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Internal PCI modem problem

> Fortunately I have a spare Viking V.90 PCMCIA modem
> that really is not a winmodem.  My question is, in
> Win2000, the modem driver reports it resources as
> IRQ 7, mem 0x02F8-0x02FF.  When I look at my kernel,
> IRQ 7 is used for the parallel port.
>
> What do I need to set in my kernel for sio2 IRQ ? and
> pccard.conf to get this sucker working.

	Actually, in pccard.conf you need to remove the IRQ's at the top
that it says are available. In this case 7.(Although pccard.conf may put
it somewhere else.)  I've never setup a modem in the pccard slot under
FreeBSD, but you'll want to check out
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html for a better way to
config your kernel that I can do. You might also want to check out
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO and the freebsd-mobile mailing list.

						Rick