Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 13:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Workman <sworkman@nidlink.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dlink DFE-530TX

I am building another firewall/NATD box from spare parts.  So far I have an AMD
K6 233 MMX with 32 MB of Ram, 18 GB of disk space, FreeBSD 3.2 Stable and a
Graphics Blaster Extreme 4 BM PCI Graphics card.

I am now down to actually having to buy some parts :(, the network cards.  I
understand the 'You get what you pay for' theory but this box is not going to
be on some corporate network just my network at home.  The cards I am looking
at are the D-Link DFE-530 TX cards.  I plan on buying 2 of them for this
particulay box.

Does anyone know of any issues when using these cards?  The last IPFW/NATD box
I built used the Intel Pro 100 cards (fxp0), and they work very well, but I am
not willing to lay out that kind of cash for cards in this box that will be
mostly used for NATD on my private network.

I noticed on the Hardware list from the FreeBSD site that the D-Link 530 cards
are supported and there is no mention about them being un-reliable so I am
thinking that there is no problem with these cards but I wanted to get some
opinions from the list about these cards..

Thanks in advance.