Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:58:08 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 corruption since upgrading to 3.1. Has DMA code changed?

Marius Bendiksen:
 |> Several people (including Luigi) have reported that video capture with
 |> the bt848 driver is not working right since they upgraded from 2.2.6 or
 |> 2.2.8 to 3.1-release
 |
 |Just FYI, I've been unable to use video capture all along (w/fxtv), as it
 |never seems to grab anything. Also, fxtv frequently garbles my entire
 |display.

I assume you're running fxtv 0.48 (?).

What video card, capture card, and motherboard do you have?  Also, could
you post the output of "fxtv -debug startup"?

BTW, when does fxtv garble the display (any particular user actions that
seem to lead to this behavior)?  Does "fxtv -disableDirectV" seem to work?

Randall