Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:38:19 +0000
From:      "Marta Resende" <martarese@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   harddisk 2,5" laptop problems

Hey, i just change the hdd of my laptop because the other brokes.
(new: hitachi 40GB)

I install the freebsd very well, altough, when i boot, it gives me "disk
error" immediatly after i turn on the pc.
I think of geometry hdd problems, because it gives me an warning in the
installation, altough i cant put my BIOS geometry because my laptop phoenix
BIOS dont show the disk geometry.

The disk comes from the shop with XP installed on it, so ... it works , and
i need it working quickly, anyone know what the problem is ?

thank you

http://search.msn.com/