Date:      Sat, 1 May 2004 10:30:58 -0500
From:      Bryan Cassidy <b_cassidy@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Router/Firewall/Gateway

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Hello. I am running FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE p-5 and I have an older
PC that just sits around and does nothing. I was thinking about
installing OpenBSD 3.4 on it and using it as a
firewall/router/gateway for my the computer I use all of the
time for everything. I'm not even sure on the names for what I'm
looking for so some help on this topic would be aprpecaited. I
just want to learn more about making my system secure and
putting that other PC to some use. I have a total of 3 NICs, 2
cables but no router or anything like that. I was hoping I could
install OpenBSD on it and use it as a router. Not sure if I need
any extra hardware either.
--=20

If you give Congress a chance to vote on both sides of an issue, it
will always do it.
		-- Les Aspin, D., Wisconsin

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

ˆ?