Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:40:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.6.12 -> 8.7.5

> Hi...
>
> 	Just wondering if there is any reason why Sendmail 8.7.5 hasn't
> been migrated/commited to the -stable source tree?  If there is none,
> can someone do it?  I'm currently running 8.7.4 on my -stable machine,
> and doing a 'make world' with the current sources is kinda difficult if
> I don't want to wipe out my current sendmail :(
>
> Thanks...

This is a way to work around your current situation:
cd /usr/src/usr.bin
cp Makefile makefile
vi makefile # nuke sendmail from the SUBDIR list

Now your upgraded sendmail will not get touched by a make world, nor
will your modified makefile get spammed by a sup or cvs update.  Just
don't forget to rm the makefile copy when sendmail does get upgraded.