Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:08:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> The Polo shirts are pretty nice and not too "geeky".  But I second the mugs
> and stickers ideas.

The Polo shirts look good on geeks and non-geeks alike; I'm eagerly
awaiting the arrival of mine.  Stickers are available from
www.freebsdmall.com.  I ordered two sheets of them along with the two 1"
case plates for my boxes, so that I could put a sticker on the Libretto
I'm about to buy.

> Anyone selling a slick-looking stuffed daemon (Chuck).  My office could use
> some color :-)  How about posters.

http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html has a link to a place that
sells them.

I'd really love to see some posters with Chuck.  I think one of Chuck with
a starfield background, a little motion blur, and a big yellow "The Power
to Serve" logo at the top would look teriffic on the wall next to my PC. :)

Unfortunately, I can't draw for crap, my GIMP skills are lacking, and
I haven't found any pictures of Chuck facing forward, looking powerful and
bold, with his trident planted in the ground beside him. :(  If anyone
else wants to design and market such a poster, however, I'll buy several.

--
Brian Buchanan                                   brian@smarter.than.nu
                                                 brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

                -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759