Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:17:50 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any Ideas When We're Going to See 4.0-RELEASE?

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, R Joseph Wright wrote:
> >to program C, I don't even know what ATA means.  So it sounds to me like
> >on the surface, 4.0 is going to look the same as 3.x.
>
> On the surface maybe.  But the Vm system will allow better performance,
> IIUC,

What is the vm system?  and IIUC?

> If you want 4.0 to look different, it might be time to suggest a new cover
> for the CDs since this is a major release.  Something about the way Chucky
> looks on the cover annoys me.  At least the tray and waiter towel are
> gone.  Maybe it's the shoes now.  ;-)

I like him better than linux's penguin.  I mean, that mascot has nothing
at all to do with the system.  Also, if you've ever seen the claymation
short film "Wallace and Gromit", you know that penguins can be quite
sinister.

--
Best Regards, Joseph

	You will do foolish things,