Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 03:07:25 +0300
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rmail and brain-dead mail systems .. patch enclosed

In article <inj.2-305b1ebb-2771@bee.cs.kiev.ua> you wrote:
> Ahh, I looked more carefully at the source code.  You're absolutely right.
> The way I read it from you was going the "other" way, that mail was coming
> in via a remote SMTP site and you wanted the delivery agent to mung the
> headers.  I was completely full of shit, sorry...I'm used to the bad old
> days when /bin/mail and /bin/rmail were the same piece of code.

me too... I remember Xenix.

I also think sendmail can do the rmail's job, but possibly worser.

> What does make me curious is how does rmail enter into the picture at all?

> Who is invoking it?
uuxqt (after receiving mail by uucp, sent by `uux - system!rmail').

btw, why our rmail ignores the `UU_MACHINE' envariable is should get
from uucp to stuff into the From_ line?

why it invokes sendmail with `-oee' option (Berknet-style error handling)?

--
UNIX:  Any of a collection of similar operating systems that you can run
       the programming language 'perl' on.