Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:12:34 -0800
From:      Everett Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        efb@cotdazr.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.8 to 3.3 Upgrade Docs and Remaking 228 kernel

I now have a LOT of time searching for more recent than 1996 HOWTOs
on kernel  UpGrading from 2.2.8 to 3.3 starting with just the  kernel
and
needed utils.

Is there any help .. anywhere ... ?

-- Other issue --

Found with 2.2.8 I could not even rebuild the kernel without losing my
ed0
device ..

     not found ...

GENERIC kernel (unaltered) and compiled made my ethernet
completely GO AWAY ....   Current ...

FreeBSD  f.q.d.n.   2.2.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE #0: Mon Nov 30
06:34:08 GMT 1998     jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386

Did config .. make .. save_old_kernel .. install ...

Thanks in either concern ..