Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:31:53 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: -newbies

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
> [mailto:owner-freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Rick Hamell
> Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 09:52
> To: Joe Warner
> Cc: freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG; freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: -newbies

This comment is not particularly directed to Rick, rather to the thread.

Are there many people who actually know from which list a message comes?  In
an earlier life messages from all the lists I subscribed to
(-newbies, -questions and -security) ended up in 'Inbox'.  At a later stage
I made a rule which sends everything from *@freebsd.org to a folder called
'FreeBSD incoming' to distinguish it from Bugtraq and more personal stuff.
From there most of it goes to the bit bucket but some messages go to
'FreeBSD to keep' and a very few to other folders with names of topics which
particularly interest me.

But it came as a surprise to me to learn that that long thread on a FreeBSD
magazine had originated in newbies.  Am I the only one who doesn't much
bother which list a message comes from and usually doesn't know - without
checking the header?

mvh/regards

James