Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:32:45 +0200
From:      Juho Vuori <juho.vuori@kepa.fi>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   hp nx6110 freezes with acpi enabled

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with acpi. I'm running RELENG_5 as of
15.3.2005 on hp nx6110 laptop. The system has got intel 910gml chipset,
celeron-m processor and other hardware which is probably not that much
related to the problem.

With acpi enabled, the computer runs fine for about 5 or 10 minutes and
then freezes completely. The freeze is fairly predictable, but I'm not
sure what causes it (must be acpi related though). If I boot the
computer with acpi turned off, everything works fine.

Another thing is that suspend/resume does not work. Suspend is fine, but
resume seems to just freeze the machine. I haven't pondered this that
much, as I feel that the other problem mentioned is more urgent.

I'm happy to help debugging this, but don't really know how. No stack
traces, nothing, as everything just freezes.

Juho Vuori