Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 17:37:27 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "chat room" <chat@soon.com>, <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Distress using FreeBSD on Notebook

Hope the modem isn't one of those winmodem
disasters ... I dunno about pcmcia ones but most
if not all regular PCI ones seem to be.

There's only one way to get ppp working as far as
I'm concerned .... use the ppp_script.sh file. I found
it originally at ftp://flag.blackened.net somewhere,
but if you can't find it there you can either get it from
my FreeBSD Tutorial site (look in the ppp section)
http://www.apana.org.au/FreeBSD/FreeBSD_Tutorial
or send me another private email & I'll send it when
I'm at home (at girlfriends place right now)